Monday, February 22, 2010

Feed

When I began the book feed I was very confused with all the new slang that they were throwing around but once I picked up on that I found the book to be very interesting. The biggest problem I had with the book was the fact that it could really happen. As I watch society change from when I was a little kid I start to realize that we really are turning into the social networking freaks. As technology advances we become more and more reliant on it to get us through our everyday lives. The thought that one day we will have hover cars and chips in our brains is surprisingly a more realistic scenario than we might be aware. I know for a fact they already know how to put chips in the brain that can read brain waves which are used by people who can' t move or talk on their own. These chips have the potential to be turned into little computers in our brains that can be used to have conversations and surf the internet. It kinda makes you want to take a step back and look at ourselves and what we are becoming. We as human beings do not really do that much for ourselves. If we get fat we get surgery. If we need to go somewhere we drive there even if its not really that far. If we get sick there is medicine for every type of sickness you could think of. What is this society becoming?

No comments:

Post a Comment